WAR MEMORIALS : DALMUIR
BEARDMORE SHIPYARD MEMORIAL
Three granite tablets honour employees of the Beardmore Naval Shipyard whjo lost their lives during the First World War. The two outer ones list the names. The central one notes that :
"This roll of honour, which was originally located at the entrance to the offices of William Beardmore & Co., Limited, Dalmuir, and re-erected on this site in 1984, bears the scars resulting from the air raids of the nights of the 13th and 14th March 1941".
That damage to the memorial for WWI ocurred during the Clydebank Blitz of WWII.
The wording referring to their re-erection was actually alongside the walkway at the Clyde Community Park overlooking the Clyde. They have recently been reinstalled in a pleasant setting behind the Beardmore Sculpture at the corner of Dumbarton Road and Beardmore Way.