RENTON TRINITY PARISH CHURCH, Alexander Street, Renton, G82 4LT.
ACCESS : Easy access on foot or by car. Reasonably close to bus service and railway. Check times of services.
Many churches have been located at positions that are strategic in terms of the townscape. This one sits centrally along the Leven Street axis as it meets Alexander Street. This gives the street so much more sense of place and the church itself a sense of greater significance. It may be down a side street, but it is by no means tucked away.
Renton Trinity Parish Church is also known as Church Of Scotland Trinity Church, Renton. It was built as Renton Old Parish Church 1892 and designed by architects H & D Barclay. The congregations united with Renton Union Church and Renton Millburn Church in 1969. It has since been refurbished and upgraded. There are five stained glass windows by Oscar Paterson of Glasgow 1912-22. The Church is currently linked with Bonhill Parish Church.
A view from across the Leven.
A view from upper Carman Road.
HISTORIC ENVIRONMENT SCOTLAND website on listed buildings : http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB42920
SCOTLAND'S CHURCHES TRUST website : https://scotlandschurchestrust.org.uk/church/renton-trinity-parish-church/