HAMILTON CEMETERY off Cochno Road.
ACCESS : This is approached up a small track from the Cochno Road carpark.
Also see : index.asp?pageid=715988
This small cemetery is on the Cochno Estate, just west of Edinbarnet House. It tends to get overgrown and difficult to locate. It is the last resting place of the Hamiltons who owned the Cochno Estate. To full understand the earlier family you should peruse the Red Book link below, but those interred here are from the 19th century.
The small rectangular cemetery is enclosed by a low wall with cast iron railings, a great deal of which has collapsed and indeed missing. The key gravestones are "flat tablet" in form rising with chamfered sides with horizontal crosses. These include Claud Hamilton Hamilton, his wife Henrietta Anne Bruce. He had remarried and his second wife Nora is there too. His full title is Claud Hamilton Hamilton of Barns, Cochna and Dunmore. He lived from 1823 until 1900.It is likely that there was a vertical cross on the square pediment of the grave of Anne Henrietta Bruce.
CLYDEBANK LOCAL HISTORY SOCIETY website : http://www.clydebankhistory.org/conc/index.php/clydebank-history/faifley/
RED BOOK OF SCOTLAND : http://redbookofscotland.co.uk/hamilton-of-cochno
SCOTTISH NATIONAL PORTRAIT GALLERY website : https://www.nationalgalleries.org/art-and-artists/112028/claud-hamilton-hamilton-barns-cochna-and-dunmore-1823-1900
UNIVERSITY OF GLASGOW - SCOTTISH CENTRE FOR PRODUCTION ANIMAL HEALTH & FOOD SAFETY - Cochno House : https://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/vet/scottishcentreforproductionanimalhealthfoodsafety/cochnofarmandresearchcentre/cochnohouse/ This gives a history of Cochno House and the Hamiltons who lived there.