OLD KILPATRICK PARISH CHURCH, Dumbarton Road, Old Kilpatrick
ACCESS : Easy access. Check service and event times.
This church was built in 1812 with some additions in 1897. It is thought that at two other church buildings preceded it on or close to this site. The previous one became in such disrepair that the minister refused to conduct services in it. The West Dunbartonshire Council website (see link below) has a sketch of that preceding delapidated church.
The church is of a fairly simple form with some neo-Gothic features such as pointed arches. The clock tower has four clock faces below a castellated parapet and corner finials.
OLD KILPATRICK PARISH CHURCH website : https://www.okbchurch.co.uk/
SCOTTISH ENVIRONMENT SCOTLAND website for listed buildings : http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB14404
WEST DUNBARTONSHIRE COUNCIL website : https://www.west-dunbarton.gov.uk/leisure-parks-events/museums-and-galleries/collections/buildings/places-of-worship/old-kilpatrick-church-pre-1812/