Plantation Wellington Park (Simon Fraser)
One of the fullest returns was that for plantation Wellington Park, which had a slave population of 169 in 1819 and was owned by Simon Fraser of Belladrum. The property, on the Corentyne coast of Berbice, had been formed by an amalgamation of plantations Kilmorack, Cromarty, Geanies and Tarlogie. A visit in 1806 to Plantation Geanies is described by Thomas Staunton St Clair in his A Residence in the West Indies.
The Corentyne coast, between Devil's Creek and the Corentyne river, was settled after 1799, following an agreement beteeen the governors of Berbice and the neighbouring Dutch colony of Surinam.
A spreadsheet detailing the slaves in 1819 and their family relationships can be downloaded from the library page of this site.