The Plaza Cinema Swansea
The huge Plaza Cinema on the Kingsway opened on 18th Feb 1935 and closed on 10th April 1965.In the 1940's the BBC used the Plaza to broadcast big band music to the forces abroad.
Once a very grand place to see a movie it was quickly allowed to fall into a pretty bad state. With 3600 seats it lost half of them when the management closed the stalls area for the last 20 years.
A fight by the people of Swansea to keep it was lost and the new Odeon took its place.