What can I see? What can I do?
A reasonable question by any standards......so what we have here is a general description of Outdoor / Indoor activities or sights. The other "pages" leading off of this one have more specific details about each subject.
Well, this is what it's all about - the Great Outdoors! There's a huge amount of activities that you can undertake in this area, such as:
- Walking - a range of activities from a short, flat walk up Flowerdale Forest here in Gairloch, to a whole day walking a choice of several Munros (Slioch, Beinn Eighe, Beinn Alligin, Liathach are all in this area)
- Climbing - local climbs from a range of options, details available for this area on www.wildwesttopos.com
- Pony Trekking
- Golf Course
- Inverewe Gardens
- Beinn Eighe National Nature Reserve
- Several Boat operators offer trips around the bay and further out to the Minch, between here and the islands of Skye / Harris. These include the Glass Bottom Boat, Hebridean Whale Cruises, and the Gairloch Marine Life Centre.
- Possibility of short combination driving / walking outings to places such as Rua Reidh Lighthouse, the ruined village of Slaagan, Kernsary (nr Poolewe), Redpoint, Fairy Lochs, and Badachro.
Help! It's raining! The holiday's ruined!.....Well, only if you let it be so. There are an number of indoor activities and sights to be had around here as well. We have -