The Literature Group #1 is a small sub group which meets six times a year on Friday afternoons at a member's home for a discussion of a chosen book followed by finger-food provided by the members. Meetings start at 2.30 pm.
A second Literature Group meets every other month at 2.30pm on Tuesday afternoons at a member's home in Louth.
The addresses of the private venues are indicated with members' initials on the website but available on becoming a member
Members bring finger food and tea or coffee is provided. More details are given to subscribers.
Covid 19 Disruptions: Most of our meetings were cancelled although we did catch up with one or two last summer, consequently last year's discussions still need to be completed. We will let members know when we can.
[Literature Group 2 on Friday afternoons. Varied venues]
- Nocturnes by Kazuo Ishiguro; MB [ We have discussed this book]
- Travels with Herodotus by Ryszard Kapuscincki; SB
- Ratking by Michael Dibdin; PM
- Oranges are not the only fruit by Jeanette Winterson; MG
Americannah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie; IO
- The Cut out Girl by Bart van Es; JH
Literature Group # 2 [Tuesday afternoons] always at SL's house
- A Man called Ove by Fredrik Backman [read]
- Bad Blood by Lorna Sage [read]
- Asymmetry by Lisa Halliday [read]
- A Dictionary of Mutual Understanding by Jackie Copleton [read]
- The Vegetarian by Han Kang
- Hag-Seed by Margaret Atwood