Pictured is Aveling and Porter steam roller ‘Lady Bethany’ .
She stopped in Main Street to take on water on her way to Clipston for the weekend.
The Rambler’s research suggests that the she dates back to 1902.
Cold Ashby’s Steam Mill, was sold to Mr. George Townley in 1904, probably having been in use since at least the middle of the Nineteenth Century.
Coincidentally, the roller stopped to fill up opposite the former entrance to the old mill.