Login
Get your free website from Spanglefish

MINUTES OF A.G.M. 2019

 

VALE ROAD ALLOTMENT SOCIETY

 

MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING HELD ON 13 JANUARY 2019 AT 7.30PM

Colin Gurr welcomed members and formally opened the meeting. It was agreed that, as in previous years, Martin Parnell would manage the evening’s agenda.

There were 35 members present. A list of those attending is held by the Secretary.

1.Apologies

Apologies had been received from S Amerio, D&P Bryant, V Coupland, P Dempsey, A Meachen, A Miotla, A Mackeiewicz and M Smith.

2. Minutes of the 2018 AGM

These were agreed without dissent and with thanks to Steve Myatt for compiling them.

3. Matters Arising from 2018 Minutes

Martin reported that:

the wording of the VRAS’s licence from Haywards Heath Town Council had been queried by a member last year. The matter was raised with HHTC but nothing had been heard in response and the member had now left VRAS. The matter would not be pursued.

Thankfully, thefts and intrusions into the site had not been on the level of recent years. HHTC’s Community Warden had posted warning notices on the perimeter of the site.

Members’ time commitments had not allowed for the planned revamp of the memorial area. An alternative low maintenance approach would be supervised by Tony Hardy.

The matter of the toilet was substantive item 7 on the evening’s agenda.

 

4. Rules and Constitution

Peter McKerchar introduced the outgoing Committee’s recommendations for changes to both documents. These papers had been circulated in advance to all members and changes were generally minor, being largely “tidying up” where previous changes had led to some ambiguities. Perhaps the most noteworthy related to the membership of the Committee, and a necessary addition on data protection. Steve Myatt proposed adoption of the changes, seconded by Wendy Swinton-Eagle, and this was agreed without dissent.

However, the item gave rise to a heated, and sometimes disappointingly discourteous, discussion about implementation of the rules and the need for their enforcement. Some expressed the view that, as members were “responsible and reasonable people”, the rules should be self-enforcing and that it was not necessary for the Committee to hold individuals to account. This view was very strongly rejected by many other members, particularly in respect of plot maintenance, the condition of paths around plots and the use of water. Indeed the mood of the meeting was that a minority of members did not always act responsibly, causing inconvenience and, occasionally, distress to others. The fundamental problem is that enforcement of rules – inevitably falling to Committee members – can lead to unpleasant confrontation. One such incident last year clearly created such lingering rancour that it was raised by the member concerned in a verbal attack on the Chairman. The latter declined to respond to this and the meeting moved on.

5. Reports

Following the tone of the previous discussion, the Chairman did not wish to report.

Peter McKerchar introduced the accounts which demonstrated VRAS’s healthy financial state. As such, the Committee did not see a need to increase rents. However, there was strong support for Tony Hardy’s proposal that rents should be increased to £5/rod in 2020 and this was agreed with only three votes against. Peter was warmly thanked for his excellent work as Treasurer and for the accounts which were adopted unanimously, this being proposed by Stephanie Mathews, seconded by Martin Parnell.

Ann Atkinson reported on the success of the August Show and picnic, with the weather kind and entries up. She thanked Elizabeth Dorey for the printing, the judges, and Cllr Wickremaratchi for presenting the prizes; and stressed that she had been well supported by members both in preparation and clearing up. Ann’s report was received with acclamation and thanks for all her efforts.

Jagger reported on Health and Safety. There had been no major incidents, although – again – the condition of paths around the site raised safety concerns. The bonfire had gone well, with no complaints from neighbours. The “first response” box at the container would need to be renewed this year. Members were reminded that the lock combination is 6567.

Working Parties. Kevin reported that there had been four well supported WPs in the year, plus two ad hoc events to clear plots left in a mess by departing members. He particularly thanked those who had helped with the latter. The Committee had looked again at refundable deposits aimed at preventing such irresponsible behaviour but had rejected it because of the additional administrative work.

6. Election of Officers and Committee

Colin Gurr, Pauline Ellis and Peter McKerchar were elected unopposed as Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer respectively.

It was stressed that it was essential for someone to succeed Jagger on H&S work, and Ann wished to be relieved of sole responsibility for the show. In the event the following were re-elected to serve in 2019: Martin Parnell, Ann Atkinson, Kevin Laue, Patrick Sarsfield and David Pidgeon. Holly Garrett (assisted by Anthony Dorey) would be a new member responsible for H&S.

7. Provision of a Toilet on the Site

Martin Parnell reported that the lack of progress was largely because of the loss of the lead committee member, who had moved away, and the sickness of his successor. There were also problems with planning permission which could not be resolved until we put a firm proposal to the MSDC. Hopefully, progress would soon be made as Colin had been promised assistance with the necessary drawings, help was available from HHTC with preparation of the paperwork and Mick Jewell had agreed to project-manage the job.

However, before this work was started, the meeting was asked to confirm its 2018 decision in favour of the purchase and construction of a toilet – bearing in mind the consequent requirements of cleaning and disposal of waste. This was agreed with only four members voting against.

8. Suggestions Previously Tabled by Members

Tony Hardy had made a number of suggestions. He agreed that several had already been covered during the meeting and he also received assurances that the commitment of time and effort required to maintain an allotment was stressed to prospective members; and that covering of vacant plots to stop weed growth and seed dispersal was now VRAS policy.

Two suggestions remained which would be pursued by the new Committee: a leaflet drop in new housing developments to advertise the existence of VRAS; and a publicity article in the Mid Sussex Times.

9. Any Other Business

Mick Botting voiced his disappointment at the continued lack of support he received with the website, particularly the lack of input from members. He warned that if there were no increased use of the website in the next few months he would cease to manage and update the site. Mick was thanked for his efforts over many years and the Committee undertook to consider this matter at its next meeting.

 

The meeting closed at 8.40pm.

 

2019 RULES OF VALE ROAD ALLOTMENT SOCIETY
General Rules for plot ownership
1. Rents are to be paid annually in advance. The renewal date is 1 January and members must inform the Secretary in writing of any change in address, telephone number(s) or email.
2. Plots are to be used as allotment gardens only. With written permission, rabbits and hens may be kept but the size and materials for housing them are subject to Town Council and Committee agreement (section 12, Allotments Act 150 refers). No other animals may be kept.
3. Plots are to be cultivated, and kept reasonably clear of weeds including adjoining paths. Allowance will be made for exceptional weather conditions, or extended illness at the committee’s discretion. Members who neglect their plots for more than a month will be asked to agree an action plan for cultivation. If a reasonable standard is not maintained as per VRAS guidelines the Committee reserves the right to withdraw plots, after due warning in writing.
4. Plots may not be sublet or transferred to other persons without the agreement of the Committee.
5. New members will be provided with a plot size of no more than 6 rods. Existing members may increase their plot size, at the committee’s discretion, when there is no waiting list.
6. Each year the Committee shall organise work parties to deal with communal tasks for the upkeep of the site. Notice of the dates of these work parties shall be given to members by email and by affixing notices on the gates and at the container area’.
i. All members shall contribute a total of at least two hours of their time annually to these work parties. Members who do communal tasks between work parties, such as mowing communal areas and/or helping with the annual bonfire shall be credited accordingly.
ii. Any member who fails to contribute at least two hours per year shall pay a penalty surcharge of £10 on their membership fee the following year, provided that in its discretion the Committee may waive this penalty for good cause shown.
7. No buildings (e.g. sheds, large polytunnels) are to be erected without the agreement of the Committee. Sheds should be erected in planned spaces, not on plots , must display the member’s plot number and should be no more than 6ft by 6ft. Guttering and water butts must be installed on all sheds to collect rain water for use on the plots. Sheds should be 4ft apart to allow for mowing. Polytunnels will normally be approved up to a ‘standard’ size of 6ft by 8ft (2m x 3m).

SAFETY ON SITE IS PARAMOUNT. MEMBERS HAVE A DUTY OF CARE TO OTHER MEMBERS AND VISITORS PARTICULAR ATTENTION BY MEMBERS SHOULD BE PAID TO THE FOLLOWING.

8. Pathways butting plots must be mown to at least half their width. Edges must be cut to remain clearly visible so that people do not trip or fall. Paths must be maintained at a minimum of 24" wide and reinstated if they fall below that width. Deep drops at the edge of plots should be avoided. Pathways should be kept clear of obstructions or overhanging plants. The plot holder may be considered liable if an accident is caused by poor path maintenance.

9.  Members own power driven machines (e.g. mowers strimmers cutters) may be used but must be covered by the members` own home insurance policy or seperate  cover obtained. It is preferable for members to store equipment in their own shed, if equipment is stored in the communnal shed, it is the responsibility of the members at their own risk. The society and its insurers can accept no resposibility.

10.  Approval of  must be sought by members the committee prior to the use of weed killers of any kind. Any spraying must be supervised by a committee member.

11.  If corrugated iron is present on a plot, the edges must not be sharp or jagged; edges and corners must be rounded off or protected to prevent injury.

12.  Barbed wire must not be used for fencing or for any other purpose. Glass is not allowed anywhere on the site. Plastic, wire ,nylon, netting e.t.c. must be removed by owner when no longer required. 

BEHAVING AS A GOOD NEIGHBOUR IS JUST COMMON SENSE SO PLEASE

13.  No annoyance must be caused to other plot-holders or to the residents of the adjoining garens or land. Any dispute between plot-holders must be referred to the Committee whose decision will be final. 

14.  No boundary trees may be felled without thhe approval of the Committee and if necessary, of Haywards Heath Town Council.

15.  Individual bonfires are not permitted. Occasional communual bonfires may be lit, either once or twice per year, at the Committee`s discretion

16.  Plot holders must have at least one working compost bin or heap. Garden waste from private property must not be brought onto the site unless it`s for the plot holders own compost bin. Waste vegetation is not to be placed in or adjacent to surrounding hedges, fences, stream or culvert. Instead such vegetation should be composted on the member,’s plot or removed completely from the site 

17.  Plants or trees must not overhang pathways or boundaries with neighbouring plots. Trees must not be planted on individual plots without the prior agreement of the Committee. If approved trees should be on dwarf root stock and kept weel pruned.

18.  Dogs must not be brought onto the site unless on a leash and under full control at all times. Any mess will be cleared up by the dog owner immediately, and disposed of off site.

19.  Minerals, gravel or soil must not be taken away from the allotment gardens.

20.  Slow worms are an endangered species and plotholders should protect them. It is a criminal offence to kill them.

21.  Any damage to plots or communual areas, caused by vehicles coming on site must be put right by the plot holder involved.

22.  Any posts or structures should not be concreted into plots as they will cause nuisance to future plot holder.

23.  Officers and agents of the Town Council and Midsussex District Counci lare entitled to inspect the allotment gardens when so directed by the Councils.

24.  A metered water supply is provided to the site. The cost of the water is included in members` rent.Members are expected to conserve water as far as possible to minimise this cost and so

Water butts either on their plot or by their shed. All water butts must have a lid which is kept closed when unattended.

Butts should, whenever possible, be filled using rain water by means of guttering from a rain catcher, shed or greenhouse. This water must be used first.

Hose pipes may only be used to refill water butts during dry weather.

Produce must not be rinsed in communal water butts and every effort should be made to keep these butts clean and free from sediment.

25. Sadly, we live in a time where site security has to be maintained at all times and so:

Gates must be kept closed and locked when not in use. Keys are provided to members by the Committee only and new keys should not be cut by members. If ceasing to be a plot holder, members must surrender their key(s) back to the Committee.

Members should always be vigilant to prevent unauthorised persons entering the site. Please inform a Committee member of suspicious behaviour.

The Committee has the right to refuse admittance to any person other than members or their family, unless accompanied by a member or their family.

Any criminal offence such as vandalism or theft must be reported by the member directly to the police to obtain a crime report number. The police will not accept reports from the Committee.

And finally

If there is any dispute or ambiguity about the meaning of any of the above rules, the Committee shall decide and apply its interpretation, which shall be final.

 

 

Sent from M

 

 

 

Vale Road Allotment Society
2018 AGM
7.30pm Sunday, 14th January, 2018
Front Bar, United Services Club
Attendees:
Ann Atkinson, Dino Bolletta, Angelo Cannizzaro, James Coles, Patrick Dempsey, John Froude, Clive Furminger, Dan Gibbs, John Gill, Barbara Gorgon & Andy, Colin Gurr, Jagger, Kevin Laue, Doug Livett, Peter & Judy McKerchar, Steve & Fatima Myatt, Martin & Nicky Parnell, Sue Powell, Mick Pratt, Patrick Sarsfield, Diane Sitford, Ray Short, Tony Walmisley
Apologies:
Sue Best, Mick Botting, Dave Bryant, Matt Crossman, Eva Hall, Anthony Dorey, Andrew Downey, Robin Harrison, Richard Hackett, Tony Hardy, Marie Innes, Philippa Luckett, Jill Maskell, Stuart Meir, Andrzej Miotla, Dave Pidgeon, Dave Smith, Wendy Swinton-Eagle, Jeff Townsin, Tom Walsh
Minutes
1. Welcome and apologies for absence
a) Colin Gurr welcomed a disappointingly low number of attendees and thanked them for their support. Martin Parnell notes that the AGM had been poorly advertised this year due to the lack of a secretary.
2. Nominations for Secretary
a) In the absence of a secretary, Steve Myatt kindly agreed to take tonight’s minutes.
b) Steve Myatt might be persuaded to take the role on in 2019 (thank you Steve)
3. Acceptance of 2017 AGM Minutes
a) Proposed, Seconded & Adopted.
4. Matters arising from 2017 minutes
a) 4g - In the absence of a secretary there has been no follow-up on missing water butt lids as requested last year. Without a secretary, this and similar jobs are being done badly or not at all
b) 4h - The final pieces of asbestos were removed from site, as promised, by Colin & John
c) 4i - Following discussions with the Town Council, they are now taking good care of the state of the culvert
d) 6c - Our Licence to operate was renewed. Tom Buck was taking issue with the wording around responsibility for maintain the boundaries but it is not known what the conclusion was. Action: Committee
e) 6d - HHTC were approached concerning Stuart Meir’s suggestion to try to purchase the freehold but were not interested in the proposition.
f) 6e - The HHTC rent rise continues to be minor so there is no need to consider raising plot fees
g) 10c - The committee implemented a rule to commit ALL members (with appropriate exemptions) to donate a minimum of two hours per year to work parties, etc. The rule is being expanded again this year to include penalties for non compliance (see below)
h) 10g - Dave Smith’s idea to keep a ‘running’ list of jobs to be done proved impractical to operate
i) 14b - The question of toilets is still a discussion point (see below)
5. Chairman’s Report (Colin Gurr)
Colin reported on a difficult year in terms of thefts and fence cutting (see below for
discussion on lights & cameras). HHTC has been very responsive in repairing all the
fence damage.
6. Treasurer’s Report (John Gill - acting)
In the absence of a treasurer, who had to resign in early summer due to ill health,
John graciously stepped back into the role in November and gave a brief summary of
the society’s financial position (see attached). Broadly speaking, a small surplus left
us in a healthy state, very similar to last year, with just over £2,000 in the bank. This
should be sufficient to purchase the long discussed toilet without raising plot rents
significantly.
7. Supplementary Finance Report (Martin Parnell - acting)
Martin reported a difficult situation with some uncollected fees during 2017. Due to
the treasurer’s illness and our problems in communicating with her since June, a
number of fees were not collected. The position is not entirely certain, as a number of
cheques were not cashed and records of cash payments are not available. After an
attempt to reconstruct these records, Martin was able to report an estimated shortfall
of £106 (see attached). Some members have come forward with new cheques and
payments but the picture remains incomplete. £106 is a best estimate. The meeting
accepted the position as the best that can be done.
We now have a new treasurer (Peter McKerchar- well volunteered!) and Martin gave
a guarantee that he will personally ensure that all fees are collected promptly in 2018
and passed to Peter for banking.
8. Secretary’s Report (Martin Parnell - acting)
There was no secretary’s report as we had no secretary in 2017. Thanks go to Dave
Pidgeon, Ann Atkinson and Martin Parnell who shared some of the secretary jobs on
a best-efforts basis.
Martin mentioned that there was a low turnover of plots in 2017. Also that we
currently have three vacant plots and two new members interested. We have a
‘notional’ waiting list of nine but these people have been difficult to contact and it is
believed that they have lost interest.
Colin Gurr proposed that any vacant plots should be sprayed and covered until
required. The meeting approved this unanimously. Action: Colin Gurr
9. Annual show and picnic report (Ann Atkinson)
Ann presented her report (see attached). The show went very well again this year but
the amount and type of entries is again restricted by weather conditions during the
growing season and the timing of the show. This will be Ann’s last year doing the
show and she asked for a volunteer to help her this year. Diane Sitford volunteered
(see below)
10. Site Safety Report (Tom Buck)
Tom was not present at the meeting and did not submit a report but Colin noted the
earlier comments about missing lids on water butts
11. Working Party/Volunteers (Kevin Lau & Eva Hall)
Kevin reported on a very successful year’s volunteering with all but a few members
either doing regular jobs around the site or attending at least one working party. This
is the best ever turnout. Thanks to everyone.
Two points were clarified:
a) The use of fixed dates in April, June, August and October seemed to be
successful and will be repeated next year.
b) A very small number of members were still not volunteering and Kevin
proposed a new rule (see below) that any member not volunteering (unless
exempted) would be charged a supplement of £10 on the following year’s
fees. This was approved with no dissent.
12. 2018 Committee nominations and voting
a) There was only one nomination for chairman Colin Gurr who was proposed,
seconded and approved. Thanks to Colin for agreeing to continue.
b) There was only one nomination for our new Treasurer, Peter McKerchar who
was proposed, seconded and approved. Thanks to Peter for agreeing to
stand.
c) There was only one nomination for Secretary, Martin Parnell who declined to
stand. In the absence of a secretary, Martin, David and Ann will continue to
contribute where they can but the situation is wholly unsatisfactory.
d) Tom Buck has been proposed as Site Safety officer, having done a good job
last year but it is thought that Tom is leaving the area and will therefore be
unlikely to volunteer. If this is the case, Jagger reluctantly agreed to return to
the committee in this role, assisted by Colin Gurr. Our thanks to them both.
e) Ann Atkinson was nominated and is willing to remain as Show Organiser for
one final year. She will be assisted by Diane Sitford who has the committee’s
thanks for volunteering.
f) Kevin Laue volunteered to continue to organise working parties. Eva Hall was
unable to attend the meeting so it is not known if she is willing to continue to
work with Kevin on this. If not, Patrick Sarsfield offered to assist.
g) Colin Gurr and Martin Parnell will continue to carry out the monthly plot
monitoring (see below - member concerns).
h) With the above changes, we have sufficient committee members to satisfy the
constitution although the lack of a proper secretary violates it.
i) John Gill will leave the committee; the willingness of Tom Buck, Eva Hall and
Joss Keane to remain is unknown at this time. Diane Sitford will join the
committee.
13. 2018 Rules Updates
As discussed above, one rule was revised as follows:
Rule 6 shall now read:
i. Each year the Committee shall organise work parties to deal with communal
tasks for the upkeep of the site. Notice of the dates of these work parties shall
be given to members by email and by affixing notices on the gates and at the
container area.
ii. All members shall contribute a total of at least two hours of their time annually
to these work parties. Members who do communal tasks between work
parties, such as mowing communal areas and/or helping with the annual
bonfire shall be credited accordingly.
iii. Any member who fails to contribute at least two hours per year shall pay a
penalty surcharge of £10 on their membership fee the following year,
provided that in its discretion the Committee may waive this penalty for good
cause shown.
Ann Atkinson, Dino Bolletta, Angelo Cannizzaro, James Coles, Patrick Dempsey, John Froude, Clive Furminger, Dan Gibbs, John Gill, Barbara Gorgon & Andy, Colin
a) Colin Gurr welcomed a disappointingly low number of attendees and thanked them for their support. Martin Parnell notes that the AGM had been poorly advertised this year due to the lack of a secret
a) 4g - In the absence of a secretary there has been no follow-up on missing water butt lids as requested last year. Without a secretary, this and similar job
d) 6c - Our Licence to operate was renewed. Tom Buck was taking issue with the wording around responsibility for maintain the boundaries but it is not known what the conclusion was. Action: Committee
e) 6d - HHTC were approached concerning Stuart Meir’s suggestion to try to purchase the freehold but were not interested in the proposition.
f) 6e - The HHTC rent rise continues to be minor so there is no need to consider raising plot fees
g) 10c - The committee implemented a rule to commit ALL members (with appropriate exemptions) to donate a minimum of two hours per year to work parties, etc. The rule is being expanded again this year to include penalties for non compliance (see below)
h) 10g - Dave Smith’s idea to keep a ‘running’ list of jobs to be done proved impractical to operate
i) 14b - The question of toilets is still a discussion point (see below)
5. Chairman’s Report (Colin Gurr)
Colin reported on a difficult year in terms of thefts and fence cutting (see below for
discussion on lights & cameras). HHTC has been very responsive in repairing all the
fence damage.
6. Treasurer’s Report (John Gill - acting)
In the absence of a treasurer, who had to resign in early summer due to ill health,
John graciously stepped back into the role in November and gave a brief summary of
the society’s financial position (see attached). Broadly speaking, a small surplus left
us in a healthy state, very similar to last year, with just over £2,000 in the bank. This
should be sufficient to purchase the long discussed toilet without raising plot rents
significantly.
7. Supplementary Finance Report (Martin Parnell - acting)
Martin reported a difficult situation with some uncollected fees during 2017. Due to
the treasurer’s illness and our problems in communicating with her since June, a
number of fees were not collected. The position is not entirely certain, as a number of
cheques were not cashed and records of cash payments are not available. After an
attempt to reconstruct these records, Martin was able to report an estimated shortfall
of £106 (see attached). Some members have come forward with new cheques and
payments but the picture remains incomplete. £106 is a best estimate. The meeting
accepted the position as the best that can be done.
We now have a new treasurer (Peter McKerchar- well volunteered!) and Martin gave
a guarantee that he will personally ensure that all fees are collected promptly in 2018
and passed to Peter for banking.
8. Secretary’s Report (Martin Parnell - acting)
There was no secretary’s report as we had no secretary in 2017. Thanks go to Dave
Pidgeon, Ann Atkinson and Martin Parnell who shared some of the secretary jobs on
a best-efforts basis.
Martin mentioned that there was a low turnover of plots in 2017. Also that we
currently have three vacant plots and two new members interested. We have a
‘notional’ waiting list of nine but these people have been difficult to contact and it is
believed that they have lost interest.
Colin Gurr proposed that any vacant plots should be sprayed and covered until
required. The meeting approved this unanimously. Action: Colin Gurr
9. Annual show and picnic report (Ann Atkinson)
Ann presented her report (see attached). The show went very well again this year but
the amount and type of entries is again restricted by weather conditions during the
growing season and the timing of the show. This will be Ann’s last year doing the
show and she asked for a volunteer to help her this year. Diane Sitford volunteered
(see below)
10. Site Safety Report (Tom Buck)
Tom was not present at the meeting and did not submit a report but Colin noted the
earlier comments about missing lids on water butts
11. Working Party/Volunteers (Kevin Lau & Eva Hall)
Kevin reported on a very successful year’s volunteering with all but a few members
either doing regular jobs around the site or attending at least one working party. This
is the best ever turnout. Thanks to everyone.
Two points were clarified:
a) The use of fixed dates in April, June, August and October seemed to be
successful and will be repeated next year.
b) A very small number of members were still not volunteering and Kevin
proposed a new rule (see below) that any member not volunteering (unless
exempted) would be charged a supplement of £10 on the following year’s
fees. This was approved with no dissent.
12. 2018 Committee nominations and voting
a) There was only one nomination for chairman Colin Gurr who was proposed,
seconded and approved. Thanks to Colin for agreeing to continue.
b) There was only one nomination for our new Treasurer, Peter McKerchar who
was proposed, seconded and approved. Thanks to Peter for agreeing to
stand.
c) There was only one nomination for Secretary, Martin Parnell who declined to
stand. In the absence of a secretary, Martin, David and Ann will continue to
contribute where they can but the situation is wholly unsatisfactory.
d) Tom Buck has been proposed as Site Safety officer, having done a good job
last year but it is thought that Tom is leaving the area and will therefore be
unlikely to volunteer. If this is the case, Jagger reluctantly agreed to return to
the committee in this role, assisted by Colin Gurr. Our thanks to them both.
e) Ann Atkinson was nominated and is willing to remain as Show Organiser for
one final year. She will be assisted by Diane Sitford who has the committee’s
thanks for volunteering.
f) Kevin Laue volunteered to continue to organise working parties. Eva Hall was
unable to attend the meeting so it is not known if she is willing to continue to
work with Kevin on this. If not, Patrick Sarsfield offered to assist.
g) Colin Gurr and Martin Parnell will continue to carry out the monthly plot
monitoring (see below - member concerns).
h) With the above changes, we have sufficient committee members to satisfy the
constitution although the lack of a proper secretary violates it.
i) John Gill will leave the committee; the willingness of Tom Buck, Eva Hall and
Joss Keane to remain is unknown at this time. Diane Sitford will join the
committee.
13. 2018 Rules Updates
As discussed above, one rule was revised as follows:
Rule 6 shall now read:
i. Each year the Committee shall organise work parties to deal with communal
tasks for the upkeep of the site. Notice of the dates of these work parties shall
be given to members by email and by affixing notices on the gates and at the
container area.
ii. All members shall contribute a total of at least two hours of their time annually
to these work parties. Members who do communal tasks between work
parties, such as mowing communal areas and/or helping with the annual
bonfire shall be credited accordingly.
iii. Any member who fails to contribute at least two hours per year shall pay a
penalty surcharge of £10 on their membership fee the following year,
provided that in its discretion the Committee may waive this penalty for good
cause shown.



.
 

Click for Map
site map | cookie policy | privacy policy | accessibility statement