03 March 2013
Schedule of Events for the Remainder of 2013
The event schedule for CAG for the remainder of 2013 is as follows:
- March 15th/16th - Wild Skies Weekend - Comet spotting and two talks by Professor Andy Lawrence from Edinburgh Univ ("Hunting the Dragon" - all about active galactic nuclei; and "Our Place In The Universe" - a whistlestop tour of the universe suitable for beginners). More details in news message below.
- March 23rd - Caithness Science Fair at Wick Assembly Rooms (www.science03.org)
- April 12th - "Solar System Moons" - talk by CAG member Mike Lunan. Observing session after the talk (weather permitting)
- May 17th - "The Hubble Space Telescope" - talk by Chris Stradling of SIGMA (Moray's Astronomy Club). Preceded by solar observing if weather permits.
- June 14th - Member's Workshop and Observing Session
- August 31st - CAG Open Day
- September 27th/28th - Solar Observing and two talks by Dr Lyndsay Fletcher from Glasgow Univ ("Science with the Solar Dynamics Observatory" and "The Sun and Space Weather")
- November 1st - Observing Session and talk by CAG member (TBC)
- December - Members event. Date TBC (Observing Comet C/2012 S1 ISON etc)
A printable version of the above can be downloaded from the Library section.
The event programme is subject to change - check the Calendar section for up-to-date details.