The Lord Petre JP Lord Lieutenant of Essex
The St Christopher Young People’s Trust is a champion for young people with learning disabilities, specialising in Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Asperger's Syndrome, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and associated communication and interaction difficulties, seeking to improve the quality of the life for such children, young adults and their families.
- To support The St. Christopher School and Christopher’s Cottage in all their activities, as they work to deliver specific projects commissioned by the Trust.
- To support these young people on their journey towards becoming independent young adults.
- Specifically to promote improved access to education, training and employment for young people with these conditions.
- To use a range of strategies and initiatives which involve the community and help them to understand the needs of these young people.
- Strive to access facilities for recreation and leisure time activities which improve the quality of life for these children, young adults and their families.
- To raise funds to support young people by providing better facilities, support networks and learning opportunities, and to invite and receive grants, donations, subscriptions and other contributions for these purposes.
- To liaise with other groups established to promote positive outcomes for your people with ASD, Asperger's Syndrome and ADHD.
Site Last Updated - 13/07/2010 14:36:46