OFFICERS OF THE NORTH STAFFORDSHIRE GROUP 2017
CHAIR NEVILLE SIBERY
VICE CHAIR BIDDY BRETT-ROOKS
SECRETARY PENELOPE LAWSON
MINUTES SECRETARY VAL GANNON
TREASURER NOT APPLICABLE
CONSTITUTION OF THE NORTH STAFFORDSHIRE GROUP
To All To Whom These Presents May Come, GREETING
THE CONSTITUTION OF THE NORTH STAFFORDSHIRE GROUP OF THE RICHARD III SOCIETY
- The Group shall be called the North Staffordshire Group of the Richard III Society.
- The aims of the Group shall mirror those set out in the constitution of the Richard III Society.
- Membership: Any member of the Society shall be eligible for membership of the Group. Applications shall be considered by the Committee or their delegate. Members shall be expected to behave in the manner prescribed in the constitution of the Society.
- Ab initio, no subscription shall be asked of members of the Group.
- The Officers of the Group will be elected at the AGM of the Group, chosen by common majority. They shall comprise : Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary, Assistant Secretary and Treasurer. Other posts, such as the Group may seek to create, may be appointed by the Group.
- The Governance of the Group and its Management shall be entrusted to a Committee, ab initio, of foundation members, with general powers of co-option. Committee meetings shall be held at such times as circumstances require.
- The duties of the Officers shall parallel those of the relative posts set out in the constitution of the Society.
- The Annual General Meeting of the Group shall be held in January of each year, with an agenda and procedure reflecting, where appropriate, those indicated in the constitution of the Society. Any voting shall be determined by common majority.
- The Group shall conduct its business as advised in the constitution of the Society.
- The Committee, following consultation with Group members, have powers to interpret, alter or vary the constitution of the Group.
- The definitions listed in the constitution of the Society shall apply to the constitution of the Group.
So Be It.
Inaugural Meeting 2nd February 2013
ADDENDUM TO CONSTITUTION
First Amendment : A Resolution was passed at the Annual General Meeting of the Stafford and District Group to the effect that :
A Manual of Procedures be established and this to be formulated by online contribution and discussion.
AGM : 11th January 2014.