The gas powered trams travelled from the top of Villiers Street Briton Ferry to the White Gates in Skewen. The garage and refuelling depot was at London Road in Neath (right), later to become the garage of Llew Evans and subsequently a branch of Town Tyres.
The trams used town gas compressed into tanks located under the lower desk. At that time there were two gas works in the Borough, one at Victoria Street Briton Ferry and the other in the Millands area of Neath.
Each tram had a capacity of 42 passengers and travelled at around 4 to 5 miles per hour.
The route passed the Neath Constitutional Club. See below an image from 1905 and note the lines on the road: