APEX Living Legacies: Stories creating futures.
You can download the book from http://www.actionresearch.net/writings/apex/livinglegacies2012.pdf
Due to funding cuts at the end of August 2012 the APEX programme as it has become known and loved no longer exist. However, so that the talents, expertise and knowledge, created by learners of all ages, during the existence of APEX may inform future developments, stories of the educational influence of APEX ahave been gathered together into a book. The book will contribute towards the development of ‘Living Educational Legacies’ as an interactive PDF downloadable from websites.
It provides a record of:
- Work and examples of how APEX has made an educational contribution to the learning and lives of children, young people and communities
- Possibilities being developed by individuals, schools and communities for when APEX ends
The APEX team was joined by socially engaged artist and writer Andrew Henon, who produced the creativity|WORKS publication downloadable free from http://www.mondaystudio.co.uk/creativityworks.pdf Andrew worked with Marie Huxtable and contributors to develop and include over 40 contributions to the book so that diverse voices and stories will be heard in the future.
We asked that contributors send us:
- A short piece for the book – nothing is too small! You can work with others to create a shared story or you can create one on your own. It doesn’t have to be just text. Include images and url links to your videos and websites that help you to communicate what is important to you. (You must have permissions for any images or links to video footage). (An outline of ‘Contributors guidance’ was available.)
- Archived material that you would like to see included
- Suggestions for a title for the book and chapter headings
- Thoughts on what you would like to see in the book, what you would value from the book and how you might like to be involved in this project
If you would like to contribute to this ongoing work please contact Marie Huxtable or Andrew Henon for further details and/or to share your thoughts.
Andrew Henon Email email@example.com
Marie Huxtable, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org