Get your free website from Spanglefish

Concessionary Travel

Bus Passes and Concessionary Fares


If you live in England and are of retirement age or an eligible disabled person, you are entitled to an English National Concessionary Bus Pass.

Applying for Concessionary Fares

Essex residents who are applying for an older persons or disabled persons bus pass for the first time, need to apply to Essex County Council.

Residents can apply by:
■Downloading an application form for disabled persons. at www.essexcc.gov.uk or below



■Collecting an application form from their local libraries

■Calling               0845 200 0388      

for an application form or for assistance completing one.

Current pass holders who have passes due to renewal will be automatically sent replacements, rather than having to reapply.

However, if pass holders have moved since their current pass was issued they should contact ECC on buspass.team@essex.gov.uk  or by calling               

0845 200 0388      .

An Essex companion pass is available for those who have difficulty travelling without assistance. For more information please call  0845 200 0388       or email:  buspass.team@essex.gov.uk


Disabled Persons Railcard

What is a Disabled Persons Railcard?



If you have a disability that makes travelling by train difficult you might qualify for the Disabled Persons Railcard.

The Disabled Persons Railcard allows you to get 1/3 off most rail fares throughout Great Britain. If you're travelling with an adult companion they also can get 1/3 off their rail fare - so you can save money for your friends too!

How much is it?

£20 for a one-year Railcard. £54 for a three-year Railcard.

So, use your Railcard for a £60 fare and you'll save £20 on the journey. That means a one year Railcard has paid for itself in just one trip! Take a friend with you and you've saved enough for lunch, a visit to the cinema or whatever you both enjoy.

Who is eligible?

You need to give proof that you are eligible for a Railcard. You might qualify if you: have a visual impairment, a hearing impairment, have epilepsy or are in receipt of a disability-related benefit.


for more information please visit:







Click for Map
site map | cookie policy | privacy policy | accessibility statement