Welcome to Laggan and Newtonmore Church of Scotland. An especial welcome to visitors. Please join us after the service for tea and coffee. In St. Bride’s there will be a soup and pudding lunch to which all are invited.
- Rhyme Time meets on Tuesday from 10.15 a.m.
- Messy Church meets next Sunday at 4 p.m.
- The Kirk Session will meet in St. Bride’s hall at 7 p.m. on Monday 26th November. All Session meetings are open to anyone who is interested.
- Laggan’s Helping Hand will organise a lunch in Laggan hall on Wednesday 28th November from noon.
- On Sunday 2nd December the Memorial Book service, when we remember those we have lost, will be held in St. Bride’s at 6.30 p.m.
- Don’t forget there are still church calendars for 2019 available.
- You can read today's sermon "The Sending 2" here (opens a pdf in a new tab)
An advance notice from Will Carey (Will says you might consider it a warning!):
A week ago, 100 years after "the War" supposedly "to end all wars", with survivors returning to "a land" supposedly "fit for heroes", we Remembered with deep gratitude those who gave their lives to bring us Peace.
Will is asking as many of us do: "What have we made, are we making today of this peace?"
Could we perhaps use this year's special Remembrance to highlight the shameful numbers of homeless people in Britain today, many of them ex-Servicemen?
Sometime in the Bleak Midwinter, probably early in the New Year, Will hopes he might come, both to Laggan Kirk and St Bride's, to raise awareness and funds towards helping homeless people. Anyone particularly interested in this please waylay Will sometime, There should be a contact number in the next Splash.