If you see advertising in a big banner at the top of this site it is a problem created by Google. Problem can be solved by using another browser such as Firefox or Chrome.
Living Educational Theory Research
Why bother? I believe most people want to flourish - not just survive but to flourish. 'Flourish' for me communicates the warm feeling of satisfaction someone gets when they feel they are living according to their values and helping others to do so too. I also believe that most people that sense of 'flourishing' includes feeling they are contributing to a world where humanity can flourish - their own humanity, the humanity of others and the flourishing of Humanity as a species. Living Educational Theory Research can provide a way of developing their contribution.
As a professional practitioner I accept responsibility for researching to improve my ethical practice - and helping others to do so too by making public accounts of my research.
People around the world are contributing to this movement. Find some by visiting the living-posters homepage on Jack's website.
- enquire within
Jack Whitehead brought Living Educational Theory research into existence during the 1980's as a lecturer in the University of Bath, UK. Since then it has been taken up worldwide is now an established educational practitioner research paradigm and methodology.
A few landmarks and resources as a starter
- Whitehead, J. (1989) Creating a living educational theory from questions of the kind, "How do I improve my practice?'. Cambridge Journal of Education, 19(1); 41-52.
- Whitehead, J. (1993) The Growth of Educational Knowledge. Creating Your Own Living Educational Theories. Originally published by Hyde publications in 1993
- EJOLTs (the Educational Journal of Living Theories) is an international peer review academic online journal established in 2008.
- Whitehead, J. (2018) Living Theory research as a way of life. Bath, Brown Dog Books. Order hardcopies from your favourite online bookshop.
- The first International Living Educational Theory Research Conference was held 2020.
- The global community of researchers is growing; some of whom can be found on the living-posters homepage.
- There is a Living Educational Theory research FaceBook Group and a Wiki of Living Educational Theory
- Jack's own website has a wealth of resources including many papers, Masters and Doctoral research and links to many other sites.
And now your help is needed...
This website provides another way of finding what you are looking for. Are you new to Living Educational Theory research and wondering where to start? Or are you an experienced educational practitioners looking to extend your understanding, knowledge and practice of Living Educational Theory research? This site is work in progress and needs your help develop pathways through the wealth of resources that exist and are being created. Cant find what you need? Tell us what you are looking for and we will evolve the site to meet your needs adding papers, references, videos, links to support and whatever we can to help. Looking forward to hearing from you...