Welcome to Loved into Learning
The moment we choose to love, we begin to move against domination, against oppression. The moment we choose to love, we begin to move toward freedom, to act in ways to begin to liberate ourselves and others. ~bell hooks
I choose love for liberation.
I have witnessed the transformative power of values-based, self-study, action research, also known as Living Theory, to provide a way forward that will help to revolutionize our current understanding of what counts as learning and education. I am honoured to work with others who are committed to collaborative, creative, critical change that provides an opportunity for the flourishing of humanity.
If we want to challenge status-quo thinking, we need to change how we educate our children. Subjecting them to competitive environments and authoritarian rule for twelve of their most formative years is not the way to cultivate democratic behaviours and habits. Education founded on love for everyone and everything will change our culture and create an environment where everyone and everything can flourish. Let's get started.
My definition of love:
Love is the willingness to embrace and act on the idea that everyone and everything is interconnected.
What is your definition of love?
My core values:
love, hope, and joy
What are your core values?
The current state of education
Below is a sampling of views on the current state of education and what we can do to make it better.
- Sir Ken Robinson #1, #2 on Creativity
- Peter Gray #1, #2 on Passion
- Cevin Soling
- Carol Black
- Alfie Kohn
- Jay Shetty
- Jean Twenge
- Jean Housten (start at minute 29 for views on education)
- Peter Merry
- Ramallah Munir Fasheh
- Prince Ea #1, #2
- Eddy Zhong
- Sir Jon Jones
- John Moravec and text of Manifesto 15
- John Gatto
- Rachel Roberts
- Suli Breaks
- Logan LaPlante
- Noam Chomsky
- Judy Arnall
- Peter Hutton
- Sugata Mitra
- Gabor Mate
- Will Richardson – 9 Elephants in the (Class)Room That Should “Unsettle” Us
- Texas School Beats ADHD by Tripling Recess Time – https://returntonow.net/2017/11/21/texas-school-beaths-adhd-tripling-recess-time/
- Sara – School adjustment symptoms. What is ‘normal’?
- Michael Reist – Too Many Kids Are Suffering At school
- Laura Grace Weldon – Five Ways to Transcend the School Mindset
- Parents speak – If you’re a parent, what issue/questions worry you most about the education of your kids?
- Luba Vangelova – Steve Hargadon: Escaping the Education Matrix
- Carlo Ricci – Journal of Unschooling and Alternative Learning
- The Poor Scholar’s Soliloquy on OPERI
- Derry Hannam The 20% Idea
Web site under construction.