|Dyke Village Hall | sitemap | log in|
The village hall originally started life as a World War One army church at Belton Park, Grantham.
In the 1920’s it was moved in sections from Belton Park to Dyke by Mr R. K. Wadsley and erected under the supervision of Mr J. Walpole. Once built the army church was re-consecrated by the Bishop of Lincoln, where it started life as a Church for the village and was known as St. George’s Mission Hall. It continued to be used for services until the early 1980’s. During the 1980’s the hall’s future came under review, then a village hall management committee was formed.
The clock in the hall was donated in memory of Don Clark and Joe Bonnett by their families. The seat outside was purchased in memory of Mrs Pat Broxholme, who was a stalwart member of the committee from its inception until the time of her death in 2007.
Site Last Updated - 17/03/2015 23:38:52