CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH THE PERMIT IS GRANTED
1. FROM 1ST MAY FLY ONLY IN ALL POOLS.
2. FROM THE 11Th FEBRUARY TO THE 15TH MAY NO FISH TO BE RETAINED. ONLY 1 FISH PER DAY TO BE RETAINED FROM 16th MAY TO 30th SEPTEMBER.
3. All fish under eleven inches must be returned to the water immediately.
4. THIS PERMIT, ALL TACKLE AND FISH MUST BE SHOWN TO ANY ASSOCIATION MEMBER OR BAILIFF ON REQUEST.
5. While breast waders are now permitted, anglers are advised to minimise the disturbance to fish by over wading.
6. (a) All members and permit holders must fish in a sportsman like manner and must keep moving down the pool on a “cast and two steps” basis at least a minimum of two feet between casts.
(b) In the event of a pool being fished from either bank, no member or no permit holder shall enter the pool in front of the angler in possession, but must enter the pool at any of the numbered markers and fish the pool in accordance with Rule 6(a).
(c) Spinning fishers must allow fly fishers the right of way, but must fish in accordance with Rule 6(a).
THE COMMITTEE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE RULES IF NECESSARY.
CONDITIONS FOR ASSOCIATION POOLS
NEWTON – FLY ONLY AT ALL TIMES
FLY ALL SEASON.
SPINNER (minnow, toby
and spoons) PERMITTED UNTIL 30TH
APRIL IN THE FOLLOWING POOLS:-
RED CRAIG / STONEY / SUSPENSION
BRIDGE / ROADSIDE / RAILWAY /
BROOM (Above Bridge) / COLLINS / ANTONS -
BROOM ABOVE No. 2 MARKER, COLLINS
AND ANTONS NO HIGH BANK FISHING.
MOY BURN WORMING
Note: Moy Burn allows members to fish with worms but excludes the Skater pool and the Breach.
CODE OF PRACTICE ON ALL LEASED WATER
1. Fishing permitted with FLY only – barbless hooks recommended.
2. Fish over 4Kg. (8lbs 12ozs) MUST be returned.
Catches per rod should be limited on the basis of reason and good sense with stock conservation in mind.
FROM 11th FEBRUARY to 15th May NO FISH TO BE RETAINED.
FROM 16th MAY TO 30th SEPTEMBER ONLY 1 FISH PER DAY TO BE RETAINED.
LEASED WATER POOLS
1. Downstream Broom of Moy Bridge
2. Sonnie’s Pool
7. Sea Pool