Edgworth Bowling Club Member News August 2021
Coronavirus restrictions now fully eased from July 19th
- No legal limits to numbers on or around the Green
- No legal requirement to wear face coverings inside
- No requirement to use the Green Booking System
However, Sport England and the Government strongly recommend maintaining social distancing and the wearing of face coverings in crowded indoor spaces. Please be considerate and look after each other's health and well-being. Click here for more details.
Gardening / Tidy Up days - Saturday 21st August and Saturday 4th September
- All welcome from 10am to help weed and tidy the beds around the Green, sweeping paths etc
- Tea / Coffee & bacon butties to be provided.
- Change to Margaret T's contact details - Landline (new) 01204 853664, mobile 07539 045792
Fundraising - Ken Heathcote's sponsored 'Pier to Pier' swim on September 4th or 5th (weather & tide dependant)
- This is Ken's 46th fundraising swim, this time in open water across the tide at Blackpool. A first for Ken and at 86 years young, a personal challenge
- Raising funds for the Club as a thank you to members providing support to Brenda
- Sponsorship form attached, on the website and copies in the Clubhouse
- Club knockout competition being held Sunday 22nd August, 12:30pm start (cut off for entries 12:15pm), roll up from 12:00 noon
- No pre-booking required, turn up and register with Margaret & Kerry before 12:15pm, £3 entry, 1st Round losers consolation comp.
- Handicapped Singles format
- More Club Competitions to follow
Winter Bowling using the Multi Use Games Arena (MUGA) all-weather pitch (Crown Green rules)
- Taster session for all Members on Friday 17th September, 1pm to 3pm, your feedback on the experience of bowling on the artificial surface is welcome
- Potential for early afternoon winter leagues / competitions if sufficient interest
- Pre-booking for this session is essential so we know numbers interested, £1 each towards the cost of hire. Please contact me to advise of attendance.
EBC Secretary 07482 628500
The EGB 2020 AGM on 10-Jan 2020 decided that:
Membership fees shall be £20 for adults
All match fees shall be £1 whether home, away or cup match
Membership shall be free to those under 18 years of age and full time students.