WOLLATON HISTORY TALKS
IS YOUR SOCIETY LOOKING FOR A SPEAKER?
WHaCS Chairman Andrew Hamilton offers eight Zoom talks on Wollaton, each lasting one hour and each illustrated with over 100 photographs, historic and modern, and maps:-
1. "Wollaton Hall in 1920 and 2020", illustrated with historic photographs of the interior then and now.
2. "Wollaton Walled Garden" with plans and photographs from the 1890s and showing work done in the Garden over the last year.
3. "Wollaton from Village to Suburb" with plans and photographs including aerial photographs from the 1920s to 1947.
4. "The History of Wollaton Park" including a recently discovered plan of 1796 and a poignant story of a suicide in 1862.
5. "St Leonard's Church and the story of the moving cadavers" including some of the other important monuments, and the adjoining Chantry cottage.
6. “Old Wollaton Hall, Martin’s Pond and the Canal” including the sad account of the drowning of 2 boys in 1869.
7. “Balloon Wood, Coal, Collieries and the first railway in the World”
8. "Wollaton, the Village Pump, the Dovecote and the surviving 19th Century cottages"
Contact Andrew direct on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew can do any of these, at any time by Zoom, (apart from the evening of the fourth Wednesday of the month when we have our WHaCS meeting). There is no fee for these talks, though donations are encouraged towards the Walled Garden Restoration Project
Occasionally Andrew is able to do these Talks “Live” depending on the venue. In such cases he hopes to raise at least £100 which can be by way of a fee or donations from the audience. All proceeds go to the Walled Garden at Wollaton Park. Please see DONATIONS page for details.