- Enter the past as you step into an 18th-century blacksmith’s smiddy, carefully preserved with forge, bellows and anvil, cobbled floor, tools of the trade and beamed ceiling.
- If you pick a weekend when the blacksmith is at work, observe him fashion ironwork such as fire pokers in the traditional way.
- Watch the film of the Smiddy’s history, how to make a horseshoe, and the opening day of the Museum.
- Read about the four generations of the Montgomery family blacksmiths in Strachur. You'll see that they all lived to a ripe old age.
- Purchase a souvenir such as a horseshoe, or a locally made gift from the craft shop.
- You can buy cards, postcards, or photographs with which to remember your visit to Strachur Smiddy Museum