|CAWDOR HERITAGE GROUP | sitemap | log in|
|This is a free Spanglefish 1 website.|
Welcome to the web page for
Cawdor Heritage Group
The group was set up in 1993 with the aim of researching the history and folk-lore of Cawdor and the other parishes in Nairnshire.
Members were involved with recording the gravestones in Cawdor Kirkyard which dates back to 1619. The Census records from 1841 to 1901 inclusive have been transcribed for the whole of Nairnshire. In addition the Old Parish Registers (OPRs) for Cawdor and Nairn have been transcribed and we are presently working on Auldearn Parish to be followed by Ardclach.
The group has a large archive of information and photographs which are held in the family research room at Nairn Museum. These records can be consulted by prior arrangement with Alan Barron who is the present Chairman of the group and also a Director of the Museum. Please telephone the Museum on 01667 456791 any weekday. Alan can also be contacted most evenings on 01667 452984 The Museum is normally open from Easter to end of October each year. Out of season arrangements can also be made.