You know you are obsessed with all matters compost if:
- your shopping list reflects the needs of your wormery ("Oh, do buy some lettuce, my worms will love it!")
- your life style has changed since introducing a composting element ("Gosh, now we have a Bokashi bin, we can have fish and chicken on ANY day of the week - not just the day before the dustbin collection, so that our bin doesn't smell!")
- you get really possessive about the product of your compost bin(s) ("Use MY compost? Put it OUTSIDE?? You must be joking, it might get wet!!")
- you make sure the worms in your wormery share your Christmas dinner by giving them Brussels Sprout leaves
And a genuine quote from National Trust Acorn Bank Apple Day 2017:
- "You have transformed my LIFE!"
And another from Wreay Compost Workshop, 14 March 2018:
- (after discussion about adding cardboard to grass cuttings): "I am just so annoyed, because that is what my daughter has kept telling me to do!"