Unfortunately this retreat has had to be postponed, but it will be going ahead later in the year
Vee Freir and Patricia Taddei are going to be facilitating a Mindfulness retreat in 2020, which will fulfil the requirements of UK Guidelines for CPD for Mindfulness Teachers in terms of silent practice hours.
However, it is a brand new and very different format.
The retreat format is over 2 weekends at a private house in The Borders. However, you would not be required to stay overnight at the venue and would need to travel to and from the venue on a daily basis.
Here is a rough draft programme:
- the retreat would start at 6pm on the Friday for 2 hours
- you would go home or where you are staying on Friday
- on your way to the venue on Saturday morning you would be required to switch off your phone and enter silence
- the day of silent practice would start at 9 am and finish at 6 pm when you would go home or to where you are staying
- same as previous bullet point for Sunday and we would finish the retreat on Sunday early evening
The reason for doing the retreat this way is that it offers several advantages:
- price - because it’s at a private house and you would either be travelling home or to where you are staying, we can keep the costs down
- it would give enough hours of silence to cover the 5 day retreat guidelines for Mindfulness teachers, which would cover your CPD for Mindfulness for the year
- it would give an opportunity to look at what happens when you go back into the ‘real world’ and have an opportunity for enquiry into this.
- having a week in between the weekends will also give good opportunity to look at and enquire about how our practice actually informs our real life experiences.
The cost of the two weekends is £125
*There are only 6 places available*
If you are interested please go here and be in touch